Swimming Pool Water Conservation Tips
We have been in a long standing drought here in California, and we need to do our part in trying to conserve water. Proper maintenance and protection for your pool plays a major role in water conservation. Here are a few tips on how to maximize your pool’s water:
- Get a pool safety cover.
- Pool safety covers drastically help reduce water evaporation, meaning you don’t have fill up your pool as often.
- Don’t fill your pool up too high.
- You will loose a lot of water from splashing if your pool is filled up too high.
- Lower the heat.
- If you heat your pool in the winter, lower the temperature to help reduce water evaporation.
- Use plants.
- Plant shrubs as a wind barrier around the pool. This will help reduce water loss from wind.
Here are a few links to more information about the benefits of pool safety covers